Smart-grid communications company Trilliant has rolled out a new offering designed to help utilities enable demand response and energy awareness programs for their customers.
“Engaging customers in their energy consumption is one of the most critical benefits of a smart grid,” said Rob Conant, chief marketing officer for Trilliant. “However, finding simple, holistic, interoperable solutions has previously been difficult.”
Trilliant’s new Consumer-Engagement Solutions is a standards-based, interoperable offering that combines the company’s UnitySuite enterprise software, SecureMesh networking and DDX technology for distributed intelligence. The new product is designed to help streamline and improve device management for utilities.
The offering will be interoperable with products from 16 home-energy companies through a number of new partnerships, also announced this week, with Trilliant.
Those companies include:
- Ambient Devices, which offers products that display real-time, actionable information for weather, sports, stock market and energy demand.
- Aztech, which provides a product for monitoring energy consumption.
- Digi, whose X-Grid Solutions connect devices to applications and applications to people.
- ecobee, which offers WiFi- and Zigbee-enabled thermostats, web portals and smart phone apps for energy efficiency.
- Efergy Technologies Limited, which makes in-home customer information displays.
- Energate, which provides smart thermostats, switches, consumer energy displays, software, wireless communications and gateways.
- Energy Aware Technology, which offers home energy monitoring products.
- GEO, which provides utilities and retailers with in-home displays, mobile and online services for energy management.
- MMB Research, whose RapidSE platform is designed to help device vendors bring smart energy and home automation products to market.
- Murata, which offers WiFi-, Bluetooth- and Zigbee-enabled solutions for a range of applications.
- Owon Development, a part of Lilliput Electronics that develops touch-screen products for in-home energy displays, time-of-use touch-screen thermostats, and enhanced intelligent smart-home devices.
- PowerWatch, which provides technology products for real-time home energy management and demand response systems.
- Rainforest Automation, which provides consumers with products and services built around their real-time energy use.
- Radio Thermostat Company of America, which makes thermostats and related products.
- Telegesis, which manufactures ZigBee modules designed for fast implementation.
- Tendril, which provides a cloud-based platform for the “energy internet.”